10.05.2010

Life Update

It's finally Fall! I have been anxiously waiting for October to get here, and lo and behold, it finally did! If only the weather would start to cooperate. I'm getting kind of tired of Summer-ish sunny-ness.
We've been busy, busy, busy! Last week was really fun for Grayson and I. We have been watching some classic scary movies and it's been really fun. We watched The Birds, Suspiria, and North by Northwest. It's been really fun to spend time together watching movies and hanging out. I have been OBSESSED with the show Pushing Daisies since it aired in 2007. It was cancelled after the second season, which destroyed my television watching experience. (Side note: it takes me a million years to find shows that I really enjoy watching. There are a total of 4 television shows I've actually really liked in my teenage/adult life-Saved By the Bell, Pushing Daisies, Glee, and 30 Rock.) Since Gray and I have a Netflix account (which is awesome and we'd highly recommend to anyone who A-loves to watch movies, but hates spending so much on renting every month B-hates using Redbox and C-hates the limited amount of time you have to watch rentals. I could do an entire post on how much I love Netflix!) we use the cool DVD for our PS3 and watched every episode of Pushing Daisies from start to finish. Yeah, my boyfriend sat through hours and hours of a cutesy TV show. He's so nice and awesome!
Grayson has been going to tons of interviews so he can get a job like a grown up. I think this is both neat and scary. I'm sure he'll get the job for every interview he goes to. He's got these crazy powers where he uses all his sophiticosity (better word for sophistication) to convince everyone that they can't live without him. Seriously, he's got employers tripping over themselves to hire him. I need to learn how he does this so I can get people to want to hire me one day. I try to imagine how his interviews go, but usually I end up imagining him hypnotizing the interviewer and sipping fruity juices with them while discussing why Grayson is so much better than everyone else. I assume this is not what actually happens, but for some reason, my brain wants me to believe this is, in fact, how he does it. Perhaps this is an omen that I will remain tragically unemployed my entire life.
In other Grayson news, he finally broke down and bought glasses. I've been worried about his eyes because he never takes out his contacts (NEVER) and I don't want him to be blind. We went and got two pairs of really awesome glasses. He looks so smart and cute! Everyone should be jealous.
Conference was this weekend and we definitely missed both sessions on Saturday (oops), but watched on Sunday. Gray was a good boy and went to the Priesthood session with my dad and brother. President Monson's talk on Sunday morning was really good and just what I needed to hear. I am really trying to work on having an attitude of gratitude and this talk refreshed my efforts. Yay Conference!
It was my Dad's birthday on Thursday last week. The old man turned 43! We went to Tepanyaki for a dinner celebration. The food was yummy and our chef did some cool egg tricks. Overall, it was pretty fun. Thanks for being born so we have something to celebrate, Dad!
Before I skip off, Rascal has also had a fun-filled week full of walks and snuggles. Yesterday, he was feeling a little depressed and had to snuggle for a while because of it. We went on a walk after that was over and he was back to his skippy, nutty, trouble-finding self. Yay Rascal!
Sorry this post is so long, I just have a million things to say about this last week! Tune in next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment