9.12.2010

State Fair and Other Happenings

This week was so busy! Monday was Labor Day, which meant that I took it upon myself to do anything other than labor. It was nice. I avoided doing homework until later in the evening, which I was so excited about during the day, but regretted when I was still doing homework at 9:30 and Grayson wanted to watch a movie. On Tuesday, I had the opportunity to have Jeffrey R. Holland's son, Matthew Holland, who is the President of UVU, come to speak in my American Lit class. He was really interesting to listen to, plus, I answered one of his questions and he told me I was smart! It sounds stupid now, but at the time, it was really exciting.
I also got a new phone this week, which I am loving! I'm finally a modern girl! That old green phone was seconds away from spontaneously combusting, I swear. I got a new Blackberry Curve, which is both cute and functional. I'll kindly display it in all it's adorable-ness below.
On Thursday, the State Fair opened. My country boy decided it would be a great idea to take me to see real pigs and sheep. Instead, we saw some sea lions. Yeah, random. The one who's sitting up in the picture tried to escape while we were watching them. I was really hoping it would make it off the stage, but the trainer caught it leaving. Sea lions are never allowed to have any fun, apparently.
Grayson is a great lover of the State Fair; I on the other hand, have not been to one since I was about four. It was an interesting experience for me. We saw all kinds of cool stuff and ate a really delicious corn dog. For a special treat, we bought a deep fried Twinkie, which was really yummy! Grayson couldn't resist the gyros that were there. It was like he could hear them calling his name from across the fairgrounds. Here he is, so excited to eat his gyro, minus tomatoes, of course.
My favorite part of the night was when Grayson took me to the Imagine Band show. They are a Beatles tribute group that was pretty fantastic! The guys dressed up like the real Beatles and spoke with British accents. I think I died and went to Heaven. There were quite a few crazy drunk dancers at the show, which added an authentic feel to the event. I chose to pretend they were actually hippies who were high. It felt a little like the 1960s at a real Beatles show. By the end of it, I couldn't resist the magic of the music and I was standing up and singing like a fool. It was great! Grayson wasn't even embarrassed to be with me. (Or at least he didn't act like he was, which was probably the right thing to do. Good call, Grayson!) We had so much fun spending time together. It was a really fun date night, so kudos to Grayson for dragging me out of the house. Although the picture isn't great quality, I still wanted to post it.
On Friday, we went to our Institute class for the first time this semester. I enrolled to get a free parking pass at the University...I mean, I enrolled for the rich spiritual blessings I would receive for being in an Institute class. It was pretty fun and not as terrible as I was thinking it could be. Our teacher is a really sweet old man and I liked him a lot.
Saturday night we couldn't think of anything to do, so we played fetch outside with Rascal the Wonderdog for a while. After Rascal was tired of that, we ran to the grocery store and bought the ingredients for cupcakes. Halloween is coming up after all, and I wanted to practice my Halloween cupcake making techniques before I had to do it for real. They turned out pretty cute. We had a good time baking/decorating them.
It's been a great week for Grayson, Rascal, and me! We're all excited that Fall is upon us and are looking forward to Halloween season!

No comments:

Post a Comment